April's PTC Community Meeting was held on 4/16, with special guest, Lisa Senter, Cedar Park's MYP Coordinator. Senter gave a quick overview of the MYP program here at Cedar Park, as well as gave info about the upcoming IB recertification.
CPMS Vice Principal, Mike Alpert, stepped in for Dr. Anderson, who had a conflicting District meeting to give valuable Cedar Park updates.
Topics discussed included:
- Cedar Park's MYP overview. More info can be found at their website https://sites.google.com/beaverton.k12.or.us/cedarparkmyp/
- The required parent survey that is part of the upcoming IB visit
- State testing dates
- Board & volunteer needs for 2018-19, including a new Volunteer Coordinator
- Budget brainstorming for 2018-19
- Current PTC financials for January, February, & March
The next PTC community meeting will be Monday, 5/21 at 7pm in the Media Center (library). Any questions can be directed to Jana Drotzmann, PTC President.